LIFE AT EPF
EPF AND DISABILITY
For over 4 years now, EPF has made diversity a core part of its actions towards students. This focus on diversity includes the enrolment of scholarship students and those from disadvantaged backgrounds, and much more. It also involves students with disabilities. With this in mind, EPF now has an officer in charge of the school's disability policy.
THE EPF DISABILITY OFFICER'S WORK AT EPF.
- Advising, supporting, receiving and counselling students with disabilities throughout their studies.
- Receiving students at the school, evaluating their needs and making the school accessible to guarantee that they have an equal chance for success at the school.
- Advising students as they choose internships and giving them career guidance, in cooperation with a corporate panel.
- Setting up technical compensation methods, by purchasing special individual equipment (computers, software, magnifying glasses, etc.), photocopying class notes for those who are unable to write, as well as human compensation, including taking students to classes and providing information to faculty and administrative staff, providing students with class tutors, and granting extra time for exams.
- Acting as a mediator to faculty and administrative staff on disability issues and the measures taken for the student.
- Working in close connection with organisations and bodies that work to foster the inclusion of students with disabilities in higher education (such as: Conférence des Grandes Ecoles and Union des Grandes Ecoles Indépendantes, Fédération Étudiante pour une Dynamique Études, Emploi avec un Handicap) to share experience and best practices.
HANDIFUSION, THE ASSOCIATION WORKING TO RAISE AWARENESS OF DISABILITY ISSUES.
Since 2009, Handifusion and the disability officer have initiated and overseen awareness-raising actions at the school, for both students and for faculty and administrative staff.
Handifusion encourages the school's associations to plan accessible activities, mixed events for people with and without disabilities, and outreach projects for secondary school students, to foster a spirit of sharing and assistance.
EPF's students actively participate in the educational programmes offered by Companieros, in the area of Corporate Social Responsibility.