DEVELOPING SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
At the start of the 4th year, the engineering student chooses a field of study from 6 majors. Students choose their specialisation during their 4th year. Their choice may be influenced by their preferences and skills or by job market and sector trends. Their specialisation will help determine their first job. However, the versatility of EPF's engineering training means that students have a range of career options available. Each specialisation may be taken on various specialty tracks.
- The 1st semester of the 4th year is devoted to an internship abroad or a work experience(international students follow an harmonization semester)
- During the 2nd semester of the 4th year, the students choose one of the 6 majors. They link the generalist cycle of learning withthe specialisations.
- The 1st semester of the 5th year, the students choose one of the 2 specialisations of their Major.
- The second semester of the 5th year is devoted to a semester-long work experience.
MAJORS AND CAMPUSES
MECHANICS MAJOR (PARIS CAMPUS)
- Aeronautics and Space: Our general engineers are taught broader skills related to aerospace vehicle design.
- Structure and Material Mechanics: looks at a wide range of materials used in general structures, with specific focuses on civil engineering, automobile manufacture, the naval industry or offshore.
ENVIRONMENT MAJOR (PARIS CAMPUS)
- Environmental & Innovative Engineering (coursework in English): aims to train general engineers who are individually and socially responsible and capable of selling and implementing the sustainable solutions of the future.
- Resource and Environmental Engineering: trains engineers interested in new issues related to energy production, transport and distribution and its impact on the environment.
ICT MAJOR (PARIS CAMPUS)
- Information Systems Management: Information system architecture, management, Web, IT security, networks, modelling, tests, quality, project management, etc.
- E-Health: The foundations of health sciences, healthcare IT systems, legal and economic issues, smart home systems for home healthcare, the latest telemedicine tools and medical imaging.
ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT MAJOR (PARIS CAMPUS)
- Industrial and Logistics Engineering: trains specialists in cross-disciplinary industrial engineering, with a double focus on: production and supply chain management, as well as corporate management and strategic analysis.
- Business Decision Engineering: trains general engineers in both technical issues and management, so they learn to negotiate large-scale projects in France and abroad.
URBAN PLANNING (TROYES CAMPUS)
- Sustainable Construction: This original training in the construction and renovation of buildings answer to a growing need for Engineers at consultancies, architecture firms, local authorities, construction groups, companies specialising in design or innovation in materials, etc
ENERGY MAJOR (MONTPELLIER CAMPUS)
- Conventional and Sustainable Energy: Graduates from this specialisation acquire a set of scientific, technical and managerial skills based on: an industrial approach to energy conversion and production, the political and economic aspects of energy and the specialisation’s «Eco-Friendly Project».
- Water, Energy and The Environment aims to teach professional skills in the fields of water and energy. It should also train students to critically analyse the policies in effect in these areas and encourage new ideas for the future.