RESEARCH AT THE HEART OF EDUCATION
RESEARCH AND EDUCATION
Research is at the heart of the knowledge and innovation economy. Thus, EPF believes that research can develop the creativity, the curiosity, the risk-taking and the autonomy of its students. These qualities are at the center of the innovation process.
Therefore, EPF has put research at the heart of its training process. This is possible thanks to
- The assistant professors and external speakers (CNRS, CEA, industrial R & D) who transfer their knowledge and methodologies to the students;
- A dedicated path that brings them into research;
- The opportunities offered by some internships in a research laboratory, with taking of patents and / or the writing of scientific publications.
This confrontation offers students new career opportunities in R & D centers and start-ups. Finally, EPF provides the opportunity for students to prepare a PhD after graduation. 4% of EPF students are pursuing a PhD.
Thanks to the special links with partner companies, the EPF has set up three business chairs since 2012:
- Thales in the field of cybersecurity;
- Dassault Systemes in the field of systems engineering;
- Global Concept in the field of telecommunications.
EPF partners are thus involved in the training of engineering students, in the development of research and in educational engineering.