RESEARCH AT THE HEART OF EPF TRAINING
RESEARCH AND TRAINING
Research is located in the heart of the knowledge economy and innovation. Thus, EPF believes that research can develop some qualities of the students - like creativity, curiosity, rigor, risk-taking and autonomy - that are central to the process of innovation.
This confrontation to research may offer to the students new employment opportunities, especially in R&D and start-ups.
EPF students mainly gain exposure to research thanks to:
- Assistant Professors and Associated Professors (i.e. CNRS, CEA), who transfer their expertise and methods,
- A focused learning path that expose them to research thanks to workshops etc.;
- A research production, during some research internship in the 4th or 5th year in a laboratory, in France or abroad, involving the registration of patents and/or the production of scientific publications.
EPF provides the opportunity for students to prepare a PhD after having graduated. Right now, 3% of EPF students are pursuing a PhD.
Since 2012, EPF has developed privileged industrial partnerships with some companies, in particular:
- Thales in the field of information security;
- Dassault Systems in the field of engineering systems;
- Global Concept in the field of telecommunications.
The EPF partners are thus involved in the training of students, in the development of research and in the teaching engineering.