The 4th edition of EPF-ESTP summer program on Artificial Intelligence & Engineering applied to Smart Cities offers an in-depth study on topics related to the application of artificial intelligence and various new technologies integrated in smart cities and built environments. It also discusses how artificial intelligence impacts planning and designing urban areas as well as management of cities.
You want to learn more about the Summer School Program, check the replay of the Live video chat below.
The program is organized in 2 independent modules by two Engineering Schools and in to cities of Paris and Troyes. Students may participate in one or both modules:
A particular attention is dedicated to the following subjects:
- Smart cities, Smart grid, Smart building
- AI for climate change mitigation
- Big data, artificial intelligence and machine learning for sustainable development
- Citizen science and public engagement in smart cities
- Digital revolution and AI challenges
Students have the opportunity to work together with their team members on a real project supported by local authorities with the supervision of professional/academic tutors. In addition, they can visit research laboratories and meet with researchers and innovators during this summer program.
Upon success, by the end of each module, students may obtain a certificate and 3 Credits (ECTS).
CULTURAL VISITS AND FIELD TRIPS
Besides the academic lectures, complementary field trips and projects site visit, a cultural program, will allow students to discover 2 of the most beautiful areas of France: Paris & the Champagne region.
They will discover the splendid cultural heritage of France’s capital city, Paris and the Parisian world renowned cultural life including world famous theatres, museums, architectures and excursions on Seine River. They will visit the wonderful medieval city of Troyes famous for its architecture and stained glasses and also the Champagne vineyards in the Champagne-Ardennes region.
All students will discover the French culture in addition to cultural visits, which will contribute to a perfect understanding of the local social and professional environment.
Note: Program content may be subject to change or cancellation based upon low enrollment
APPLICATION AND FEES
The program fee of 750 € per module covers:
- Lodging expenses (+250 € supplementary if available)
- Tuition and documentation
- Welcome and farewell events
- Access to EPF and ESTP Paris facilities
- Free internet access
- Official programme certificate
- Cultural and social events
- Lodging expenses
Living expenses, individual insurances and visa fees are not included.
Each module consists of:
- 28 hours of lectures and supervised teamwork
- 1 real project
- 1 session of French culture (theatre, French cuisine workshop, etc.)
- 1 session of meeting with researchers and visiting research laboratories
- 2 cultural visits
- 1 lunch and 1 cocktail (offered by school)
APPLICATION DEADLINE - APRIL 19th, 2020