The program of EPF & ESTP Engineering Summer School comprises 2 modules.
- The first module focuses on topics such as eco-cities and smart cities, city planning, spatial planning and economic issues for sustainable development (Paris campus: Cachan).
- The second module will focus on practical application using innovative teaching methods and modern technology. Workshops will include topics such as engineering for durable cities and buildings, energy efficiency in buildings, materials and structure for building’s preservation or thermal comfort (Troyes campus).
Students will obtain 6 credits ECTS for taking part into the program.
An evaluation of students will take place at the end of each of the 2 modules.
Among the topics :
- Smart cities;
- Sustainable architecture and urban planning;
- Engineering for resilient cities and buildings;
- Indoor thermal & acoustic comfort in home design;
- Energy efficiency in buildings;
- Bio-sourced building materials ;
- Renewable energy resources integration in smart cities;
- Energy-efficient districts;
- Future cities and big data;
- Research methodology on sustainable development projects.
The 10 days workshop in module 2 will be based on a real case study suggested by the division of Urban and Sustainable Planning of Troyes.
Troyes is an interesting and enriching city which has kept the French heritage and the charm of a Medieval city. At the same time, Troyes has adapted and renovated its constructions to put the human being at the center of the project to be innovative, resource-efficient, secured and resilient and to embody the City of Tomorrow and be called a Smart city.
Professional and cultural events, field trips, the visit of smart buildings, a historic tour of Paris and Troyes city centers will complete the Summer School’s academic program.