The program of EPF & ESTP Engineering Summer School comprises 2 modules.
- The first module focuses on topics such as eco-cities and smart cities, city planning, spatial planning and economic issues for sustainable development (Paris campuses: Sceaux and Cachan).
- The second module will focus on practical application using innovative teaching methods and modern technology. Workshops will include topics such as engineering for durable cities and buildings, energy efficiency in buildings, materials and structure for building’s preservation or thermal comfort (Troyes campus).
Students will obtain 6 credits ECTS for participating to the program.
An evaluation of students will take place at the end of each of the 2 modules.
Among the topics :
- Eco cities/smart cities: on overview of smart cities/projects in Europe
- City planning/spatial planning/architecture for the future
- Economic issues for sustainable development
- Engineering for durable cities and buildings
- Thermal comfort and indoor climate
- Energy efficiency in buildings
- Materials and structure for Building’s preservation
The 2-week workshop in module 2 will be based on a real case study suggested by the division of Urban and Sustainable Planning of Troyes.
Troyes is an interesting and enriching city which has kept the French heritage and the charm of a Medieval city. At the same time, Troyes has adapted and renovated its constructions to put the human being at the center of the project to be innovative, resource-efficient, secured and resilient and to embody the City of Tomorrow and be called a Smart city.
Professional and cultural events, field trips, the visit of smart buildings, a historic tour of Paris and Troyes city centers will complete the Summer School’s academic program.